Green Sheep Group is a high growth and ambitious UK based SME. Operating two award winning brands, Snüz and The Little Green Sheep selling to some of the UK’s biggest retailers and nternationally. Recently winning The Queens Award for Enterprise - Innovation has given the company vast consumer and corporate exposure..
As Sourcing Manager, you will work with business stakeholders and the Product Director to ensure that the global network of suppliers GSG has, is fit for purpose and new suppliers are sourced, on-boarded, and maintained, as required.
Product is at the heart of what we do, you will make sure we have the factory base and supplier relationships in place, to continue to deliver market leading products at an attainable price point for our customers.
Working with the Merchandising Manager you will maintain and develop existing supplier relationships to uphold consistent delivery and supply of product, alongside, where scale demands, sourcing new suppliers and negotiating all pricing and terms.
Holistically, you will ensure the suppliers that Green Sheep Group partners with, are of the highest quality, the most efficient and are fully able to deliver the goods GSG needs to continue to grow. This will be done in line with our ethics, supplier manual and any local compliance or legislation.
- Manage the existing global supply network, including contracts, raw material policies, supplier manual management and quality assurance programs.
- Work with designers to negotiate with suppliers to achieve the best cost and service for the business.
- Analysis of market, competitors and geopolitics to develop a strategic sourcing strategy for the company.
- Supporting the sourcing of high-quality raw materials for the factories to produce our products.
- Reviewing the materials previously used and identifying areas for improvement in quality and design.
- Visiting overseas factories on a regular basis whilst maintaining clear lines of communication.
Skills and Experience requirements
- Experience of globally sourcing factories and suppliers.
- Keen eye for detail and an awareness of technical manufacturing processes and policies.
- Experience in factory compliance and understanding the importance of safety, quality control and legal implications.
- Communicate across all levels in a professional manner through clear and concise communication.
- Understanding of margin and the impact on wider business
The vision of the company and the personal development opportunity, from being part of a high performing team that is creating noise and movement in our industry, is what will inspire you most.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting to make a difference and impact a fast growth business.
We offer a £40,000 salary. Working Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm
To apply please send a brief covering letter and CV in confidence to Miranda Warmington - firstname.lastname@example.org