Product Quality & Compliance Technologist
£27,000 - £30,000p/a
Green Sheep Group is a high growth, ambitious UK based SME. Operating two award winning brands; Snüz and The Little Green Sheep, selling internationally and to some of the UK’s biggest retailers. Recently winning The Queens Award for Enterprise - Innovation, has given the company vast consumer and corporate exposure.
As a Product Quality & Compliance Technologist you will be responsible for ensuring the safety and product quality of items produced. You will support the product designers and product developers in all areas of product compliance, product safety and continual improvement. This would include the documentation of testing requirements and reports as well as working with test houses to create test plans for required territories.
Identifying key changes and following safety standards closely. Working with sales and customer service team to provide feedback, knowledge and acting as a point of call for product safety queries.
You will also work with our suppliers and factories to ensure factory QA procedures are the best in the industry and are followed at all times.
- Managing all aspects of quality control and supporting product designers and developers to ensure compliance of all products.
- Liaising with factories and suppliers to implement improvements and changes
- Exploring the requirements of new territories and putting together compliance plans.
- Continual monitoring of safety standards for the UK, EU and selected applicable territories.
- Liaising with test houses and arranging testing plans for applicable markets in a timely manner
- Staying in touch with trading standards and reviewing any significant changes or quires with them in a face to face meeting
- Working along side designers and developers to support the production of instructions, packaging and POS briefs.
Skills and Experience requirements:
- Experience in a QC/ QA or product technologist role
- Experience of working with test laboratories
- Experience of working directly with factories, buyers and designers
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- A strong understanding of product compliance, and safety
- Experience in baby/child desirable but not required
- Well organised and proven ability to plan ahead and find solutions
The vision of the company and the personal development opportunity, from being part of a high performing team that is creating noise and movement in our industry, is what will inspire you most.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting to make a difference and impact a fast growth business.
To apply please send a brief covering letter and CV in confidence to Lianne Bishop, firstname.lastname@example.org