£40k pa plus bonus
Green Sheep Group is a high growth, ambitious UK company. Operating two award winning brands; Snüz and The Little Green Sheep, selling internationally and to some of the UK’s biggest retailers. Recently winning The Queens Award for Enterprise for Innovation, has given the company vast consumer and corporate exposure. Our head office is located in Snitterfield, Stratford Upon Avon and a warehouse in Arrow Valley, Redditch.
Due to the growth of the business, we now require an Operations Manager for our warehouse in Redditch. As Operations Manager you will be responsible for ensuring all production requirements are met throughout the company, managing staff, maintaining the warehouse, ensuring targets and budgets are met. You will also support the Operations Director with the day to day running of the warehouse and operations for the business.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Recommend, contribute and deliver warehouse operational objectives, strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans, implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits, identifying trends
- Develop, implement, enforce and evaluating policies and procedures; developing processes for receiving product, equipment utilisation, inventory management, and shipping
- To manage, challenge and ultimately improve warehouse productivity; by planning layout, product flow, and product handling systems, analysing process work flow, manning and space requirements, and equipment layout
- Proactively manage performance levels & take action to address low KPI results
- Develop, deliver and review logistics SLA performance versus core metrics
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Continually update knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations
- Meet warehouse financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Manage warehouse HR; recruiting, orienting, training, coaching, and managing employee underperformance
Skills and Experience requirements:
- Previous warehouse management experience is essential, ideally 5 years minimum with examples of process and core metric improvement
- Ability to manage change effectively is essential
- Due to the nature of this role, you must be fit and healthy
- Be able to drive and have your own vehicle
- Excellent attention to detail, communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Demonstrate strong team leadership, transformation of colleague performance, drive, ambition, energy and pride in facilities
- Must be well organised, trustworthy
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Manager to lead the operations function and warehouse in a growing business, with a salary of £40k pa plus bonus.
The vision of the company and the personal development opportunity, from being part of a high performing team that is creating noise and movement in our industry, is what will inspire you most.
To apply please send a brief covering letter and CV in confidence to Miranda Warmington, firstname.lastname@example.org