Up to £25,000pa based on experience
Green Sheep Group is a high growth, ambitious, UK based company. We operate the award-winning brands, Snüz and The Little Green Sheep, selling the most innovative and parent focussed nursery and baby products internationally and domestically to a number of the UK’s biggest retailers.
As a Merchandiser, you will be responsible for managing all areas of sales analysis, spotting trends, inventory management, stock control, ordering and forecasting - with a goal of creating efficient and reliable product supply, whilst reducing the demands on business resource where possible.
Through full analysis of historical data and pooling the knowledge from all areas of the business about the future, you will have the best understanding of expected future sell through and stock demands within the business. This knowledge will allow you to create, place and monitor orders through to delivery, ensuring all lines are kept in stock and over-stocks reduced.
Monitoring the value held in stock, increasing efficiencies, lowering stock losses and increasing accuracy of data and systems, you will improve the performance of the department.
Further to this, to ensure supplier lead times are met, accurate forecasting of requirements to suppliers must be created and communicated. Alongside ensuring the ordering relationship with suppliers is maintained and developed, alongside consistent feedback of supplier performance to the Buying Director.
You will be a highly driven, bright individual with a passion for analysing information and data, to empower you to make well thought out decisions. With strong supplier relationship management skills and interpersonal skills to make things happen and to drive the business forward as a team.
We’re looking for the candidate that will make a unique contribution and stand out.
- A strong track record of consistently managing stock levels
- Minimum 2 years merchandising experience
- Exceptional Excel skills (experience with other inventory management software a bonus)
- Basic P&L understanding with experience managing budgets, forecasting and GP targets
- Strong commercial acumen when liaising with the marketing, product and finance departments
- Experienced at forecasting new products
- Entrepreneurial at spotting and exploiting commercial opportunities
- Good organisation, and flexibility to prioritise tasks effectively
- A drive to seek out information
The vision of the company and the personal development opportunity from being part of a high performing team that is creating noise and movement in our industry is what will inspire you most.
Reporting to the Product & Purchasing Manager this is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting to make a difference.
To apply please send a brief covering letter and CV in confidence to Lianne Bishop, firstname.lastname@example.org