Independent Business Development Manager (South)
Green Sheep Group is a high growth, ambitious UK company. Operating two award winning brands; Snüz and The Little Green Sheep. Our brands are recognised internationally and stocked by leading nursery retailers. Winning The Queens Award for Enterprise for Innovation, has given the company vast consumer and corporate exposure. Our head office is located in Snitterfield, Stratford Upon Avon and our distribution centre is located in Arrow Valley, Redditch.
We're looking for an Independent Business Development Manager to join our team and take ownership of our accounts based in the South of the UK (including Oxfordshire, Hampshire, Wiltshire Cornwall, Dorset, Surrey, London).
This is a full-time, permanent, field-based position which involves regular travel.
The Independent BDM will be responsible for the end-to-end management of an account portfolio, building and maintaining strong relationships with independent retailers and completing all work required to set out and exceed budgets, ambitions and goals. This involves managing your own diary, prioritising account visits with regular face to face visits.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing external training and support to national retail outlets, ensuring our brands are represented to the highest standards and in line with our brand guidelines.
- Ensuring independent business owners and their employees are fully trained, knowledgeable and confident with both brands
- Demonstrate strong negotiation skills by increasing profitable performance
- Working closely with merchandising act as the role model for account forecasting ensuring optimal stock availability for your customers.
- Working in conjunction with the marketing team to ensure consistent visual merchandising in all independent retailers.
- Manage accounts end to end being responsible for account administration including updates, new line forms and other relevant activities.
- Coordinating the involvement of all brands at appropriate trade and consumer events which involves weekend working
What Skills and Attributes do you need to possess?
- A passionate approach to account management with the ability to build relationships. at multiple levels across organisations
- Strong drive, ambition and energy
- Commercial and analytical acumen.
- Excellent detail management and forecasting.
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation.
What can we offer you in return?
The opportunity to work for a vibrant Company with a great bunch of people, offering a competitive salary with:
- Car allowance
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company sick pay scheme
- We cover the costs of NCT antenatal classes & paediatric first aid for expecting parents
- Paid exam leave to support you with your on-going professional development
- Paid compassionate leave
- Regular social events
- A variety of fruit, snacks, tea & coffee
- Staff, family and friends discount across our brands Snuz and The Little Green Sheep
Interested? Email your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter telling us why you're our perfect match
Please note, at this stage we’re not working with external recruitment agencies on this role.