Global Commercial Director
Green Sheep Group is a high growth, ambitious UK company. Operating two award winning brands; Snüz and The Little Green Sheep. Our brands are recognised internationally and stocked by leading nursery retailers. Winning The Queens Award for Enterprise for Innovation, has given the company vast consumer and corporate exposure. Our head office is located in Snitterfield, Stratford Upon Avon and our distribution centre is located in Arrow Valley, Redditch.
Our senior management team is expanding and we’re now recruiting for a Global Commercial Director who will be responsible for the integrated commercial strategy and the success of our Sales, Marketing, and Customer Services teams!
The right individual for Green Sheep Group is someone with; strong leadership skills, who is passionate about the industry we’re in and has the drive to support the business with its next steps.
If this sounds like you, carry on reading!
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Primarily responsible for the global sales strategy and achievement of targets, bringing together the strategy for Marketing, Customer Service and Warehouse
- Drive, challenge and develop Global sales plans by channel including international trade both direct to retailer and distributor models, UK Nationals and UK independent retailers
- Ensure teams operate within financial budgets and constraints to achieve agreed objectives.
- To oversee and evaluate market research and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing customer, market and competitive conditions
- Work closely with the product department to ensure successful new product launches and profit generation and identify market gaps to find further market opportunities
- Develop and promote weekly, monthly, and quarterly employee objectives to ensure department activities are focussed on delivering the strategy
- Create accountability within the company by developing appropriate metrics.
- Be part of the overall GSG team by motivating employees, setting high standards and providing guidance to maximise performance.
- Be an active part of the board of directors, acting as a positive role model and representing our values and culture.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone with extensive experience in the consumer goods industry, who has hands on experience of leading a sales team at board level.
We’re looking for someone:
- Who has a track record of building, scaling and leading a high performing sales team.
- Who is highly goal oriented and possess excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Has a strategic mindset & problem solver with the ability to be hands-on.
- Strong leadership, drive, ambition, and energy
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to get stuck in and be a part of our vibrant and supportive company. In return, we’re offering a bespoke, competitive package.
If this opportunity excites you, as much as it does us then get in touch with a brief covering letter and your C.V to email@example.com