Job Title: Finance Accountant
Green Sheep Group is a high growth, ambitious UK company. Operating two award winning brands; Snüz and The Little Green Sheep. Our brands are recognised internationally and stocked by leading nursery retailers. Winning The Queens Award for Enterprise for Innovation, has given the company vast consumer and corporate exposure. Our head office is located in Snitterfield, Stratford Upon Avon and our distribution centre is located in Arrow Valley, Redditch.
We’re recruiting for a permanent, full-time, qualified Finance Accountant to work as part of a successful team, reporting directly to the Head of Finance.
The main purpose of this role is to provide hands on support to the Head of Finance from filing and data entry to prepayments, accruals and preparing financial reports.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Processing purchasing invoices and managing payments
- Reconciling bank accounts
- Managing company credit cards
- Identifying prepayments and accruals
- Updating and maintaining the sales ledger
- Producing ad-hoc reports to support other departments
- Submitting VAT returns
The ideal candidate for the role will be a team player with bags of initiative, and a flexible approach to problem solving. You will be an excellent communicator with the analytical skills to match!
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years’ experience assisting in a finance department
- A recognized accountancy qualification
- Good understanding of financial reporting standards
- Understanding of internal controls and commitment to compliance
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Well organised and able to work to deadlines
- Have a passion for accuracy and attention to detail
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to get stuck in and be a part of our vibrant and supportive company, offering a competitive salary up £35,000 per annum with free on-site parking.
To apply for this position, please send a brief covering letter and your C.V in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org