Warehouse Operations Manager
Green Sheep Group is a high growth, ambitious UK company in the baby and nursery sector. All starting from the design of an organic baby mattress, we now operate two award winning brands; Snüz and The Little Green Sheep, selling internationally and to many of the UK’s biggest retailers.
We are delighted to have been awarded our second royal accolade and one of the first companies to receive the prestigious Kings Award for Enterprise in International Trade.
Our team is what makes us, and we can only achieve our goals by working with ambitious and talented people so if this sounds like you, read on!
Location: our head office is a barn conversion and located in a rural spot in Snitterfield, Stratford Upon Avon, and our distribution centre is in Arrow Valley, Redditch where we also showcase our beautiful products.
We’re a scale up business and we need more talent to add to our ever-growing team, that’s why we’re now recruiting for a Warehouse Operations Manager.
Before we get into the details of what we're looking for, let us tell you about what we can offer you:
You will be joining us at an exciting time in our growth trajectory and you will have the opportunity to play a huge part in this. We’re rolling out new initiatives to attract and retain the best talent, which means you’ll get to work with a really great bunch of people. Some of our fantastic perks are:
💰 Competitive salary that recognises your skills and experience.
🌴 25 days of holiday (plus bank and public holidays) to relax and reenergise.
🥼 Health coaching sessions with Dr. ME.
🤒 Company sick pay providing financial support during periods of sickness.
👐 Paid Compassionate leave.
📚 Paid exam leave to support continuous professional development.
👐 Paid time off to attend appointments related to IVF and Fertility support.
👨👩👧👦 Enhanced maternity and paternity pay.
👨👨👧 We recognise the benefits parents can gain from taking part in NCT classes and Paediatric First Aid, that's why we cover the cost of these at GSG!
🍇 Free fruit (to get your 5 a day), snacks and every flavour of tea you can possibly imagine.
💃 Social events to bring the team altogether.
👌 Staff, friends and family discount across both our brands.
Purpose of the role
The Warehouse Operations Manager will take full ownership of monitoring, maintaining and increasing operational efficiencies at our distribution centre. This is a critical leadership role, and the aim will be to ensure our distribution centre is always compliant, efficient and working in line with customer SLAs.
You will be responsible for analysing and improving organisational processes and continuing to create an excellent place for people to work through empowering, coaching, and team development.
To give you a taste, some key responsibilities will include:
- Deliver DC operational objectives by contributing to operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends.
- Meets DC operations financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Maintain a new DC management system by determining product efficiency handling and storage requirements, warehouse design by planning layout, product flow.
- Review waste management; reduce and recycle.
- Oversee all logistics functions within the business, ensuring the warehouse operates efficiently and production is scheduled/prioritised correctly in order to meet customer delivery times and expectations.
- Manage third party logistics with carriers ensuring optimal efficiency and cost, extending to the international marketing.
- Work alongside the DC Manager/Head of HR Manager to oversee the HR element at the DC including recruitment, training and coaching.
Now over to you, we would love for you to have:
- Previous distribution centre management experience is essential, ideally 5 years minimum with examples of implementing and improving operational processes.
- A strategic thinker who can plan upstream and think about our long term goals.
- Ability to manage associated costs and budgets.
- Demonstrable team leadership and transformation of colleague performance.
- Experience of appointing and reviewing 3PL in the UK and overseas.
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation
- Strong leadership, drive, ambition, energy and pride in facilities.
- Strong analytical skills and an organised approach to management and control
- Thorough understanding of health and safety standards and compliance.
- Proficient in schedule and report creation
Interested? Then send us your C.V and covering letter in confidence to email@example.com. If we wish to take your application to the next stage, you’ll be invited to take part in a couple of our core, quick fire assessments to gauge some of your skillset before we progress to interviews.