Junior/Assistant Product Quality and Compliance Technologist
£20,000 - £25,000 Per Year
Green Sheep Group is a high-growth, ambitious, UK-based company. We operate the award-winning brands, Snüz and The Little Green Sheep, selling the most innovative and parent-focussed nursery and baby products internationally and domestically to a number of the UK’s biggest retailers
In the field of quality and compliance the devil really is in the detail, particularly when dealing with baby and children’s products and attention to detail, accuracy and quality of information are at the heart of this role. As part of the quality and compliance team, this new role will be essential in supporting the product design, merchandising and customer services teams and will cover all areas of product safety, testing, compliance and continual improvement for products within the Little Green Sheep and Snuz ranges
Our day to day roles can vary from researching new market compliance requirements in the morning to incoming goods inspections in the afternoon. We are involved in every stage of the product lifecycle, from initial concept to aftercare and the key to our success is our ability to interpret and apply the requirements of the various technical standards and Regulations that cover our products.
Quality and compliance isn’t for everyone but if you have an interest in product safety, testing or consumer products legislation (and if you were one of those kids who just had to take everything apart), it just might be for you.
Key Accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Inspecting products on arrival on a weekly basis using risk and sales based model, maintaining records of goods and findings
- Ensuring all agreed QA documents are received from the factories and checked on a shipment by shipment basis
- Support the processes around product returns/ replacements, creating reports to enable credits to be obtained from suppliers
- Management of due diligence test programme. Liaising with test houses, obtaining quotations and submitting samples for periodic re-testing in a timely manner.
- Collating supplier documentation – certification and declarations
- Updating product technical files (both CE/ UKCA and non-CE / UKCA products)
- Assist in evaluating potential new market compliance and certification requirements to aid in global growth
- Meet warehouse financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Support customer service with ad hock inspections following customer reports of specific faults – eg. missing components, fit of components/ assembly
- Proactively discussing customer returns and using experience to suggest solutions
- Updating on any improvements made by the design / product teams to reduce customer complaints
- Support customer service teams with technical training to explain testing undertaken and compliance requirements
- Working with product developers to support development of packaging, labelling and instructions for use.
- Working closely with the GSG Warehouse teams to ensure any product re-works are actioned correctly and in accordance with re-work notifications.
Essential Experience :
- Previous warehouse management experience is essential, ideally 5 years minimum with examples of process and core metric improvement
- Excellent attention to detail and strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- Well organized, process driven and proven ability to plan ahead and find solutions
- Minimum 12 months experience gained in a QC/ QA or junior / assistant product technologist role
- Experience working with or for test laboratories
- An understanding of the product lifecycle
- A clean UK driver’s license – local travel will be required between office and warehouse
- Experience of consumer product standards and or testing to (British, European and International standards)
- An understanding of risk based consumer product compliance and safety
- Experience with baby / children’s products, furniture or soft goods
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong team working skills - advise and support colleagues where required.
- Positive approach to building relationships with internal teams, service providers and suppliers
- Proactive approach – Be prepared to suggest ideas to improve how we currently work
- Adapt to changing priorities effectively
- Ensure that any reports produced are accurate and on time
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrate the ability to manage and prioritise workload efficiently
The vision of the company and the personal development opportunity from being part of a high-performing team that is creating noise and movement in our industry, is what will inspire you most. This is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting to make a difference.
We offer a starting salary of between £20,000 - £25,000 Depending on experience. The hours are Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm worked between our head office in Snitterfield and Warehouse in Redditch.
To apply please send a brief covering letter and CV in confidence to Miranda Warmington, firstname.lastname@example.org